Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Funny follow up

Recently, I wrote about being "on paper" with a 300-yard zero using an AR15. I was at the range over the Thanksgiving Holiday, and made an impromptu follow up.






Target is a half-sized (10" wide) silhouette and was shot at 100 yards from the standing (offhand) position. Rifle is my main rifle - M16A4 clone with Stainless Steel heavy barrel and using an ACOG - TA31F. Ammunition was Federal American Eagle from Wal Mart. None of the materials, targets, or ammo was purchased on Black Friday.

I was aiming at the "8."

First group of 3 was shot using the tip of the chevron, where this rifle is sighted in at.

Second group was using the 25-yard zero point on the ACOG reticle - where the post turns from red to black. As you can see, this group strikes 3" - 4" high.

-----

While I was at the range, a young man and his father came to shoot at the table next to the one I was using. The young man was named Reagan. He seemed most interested in the AR15 rifle. I put the bipod on the rifle, and at his father's request, I coached him through his first two shots ever on a centerfire rifle!





As you can see, he shot very close to my previous shot (taped over). His point of aim was at the top of the blue cross. Not bad for age 8 and never having shot a "big boy" rifle.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.