Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Funny disarmament

A few weeks back, I was dining at a local establishment (that does NOT prohibit concealed carry). The owner of this restaurant had asked me a month prior about concealed carry, and getting his handgun carry permit. I had given him the basics, and he had begun the process by taking the class.

Well, this day, the owner's wife was there. As he talked to me about getting the paperwork done with the state of Tennessee, his wife piped up that she did not understand why anyone would want to carry a gun.

I paused her, and pointed at my concealed carry piece. I told her kindly that she might not win me over. She responded with a good and legitimate question: "why?"

I lifted my 4-year-old daughter and stated: "she is worth protecting."

Instantly, her arguments and fervor against carry evaporated. She yielded the point that my family was certainly worth protecting. She had legitimate questions about my work to educate my children about the firearms as well as safety precautions we take.

Funny thing was within 30 minutes, she had yielded completely and stated she had changed her mind about her husband getting his carry permit.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.