Friday, November 30, 2012

Crash!

I can understand bad luck.
I can understand poor driving skills.
I can understand a momentary lapse in judgment.
I can even understand really bad circumstances.


But some things take the cake.


When working in the car rental field, I played witness to a person being at fault in no less than three collisions within a week's time frame. We got a call from her on a Monday morning - she was taking her car to the repair shop and needed a rental. She had been involved in a collision over the weekend.

I rented her a car.

Friday, she returned the rental and I returned her to the repair shop to pick up her newly repaired vehicle. Moments later, I get a call from the repair shop asking me to come pick her up again. I asked if her car repairs had been incomplete (a rare occurrence, but it was possible, and I'd seen it happen before). They said no, she had wrecked her car on the way home from the repair shop.

I picked her up again, and rented her another car...

And watched as she pulled out into traffic, wrecking the rental car.

...

I declined renting her another car at that point. We called her husband to pick her up.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.