Thursday, November 29, 2012

A hunting we will go!

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I took my son up to my Uncle's place and we did some squirrel hunting.


Here is the young man in question: Cael. Age 8 and ready to bag a squirrel... even if he was not so sure of what to do with it afterwards. 




Here is the tool of choice: a Charles Daly pump 20-gauge youth sized shotgun. We used #7 shot.




Walking through the woods, we found a deer stand. Cael decided to investigate:




Then he realized he could use the perch as a better way to spot some tree-rats:




 Later, we got settled in a spot I felt would be good. Here is a tiny tree that was to my left:




There was not a single squirrel in the woods to be found, so after a couple of hours, we went back to my uncle's house, and since he lives in a remote area, we took some time to make sure the Sig Mosquito works well:


Of course, we shot the shotgun, too (that boy shot a whole box of shotgun shells!) and a few others. All in all, we got no squirrels, but had a great time. Oh, did I mention that Cael got to ride my uncle's 4-wheeler? What a treat!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.