Monday, September 24, 2012

Well isn't that special...

Recently, I was forced to switch banks. My old bank was allowing criminals to make fraudulent charges on my wife's old (supposedly cancelled) check card number.

When I demanded they deactivate the card number, the bank said they had done so, and said the criminals were "forced-placing" the charges onto the cards.

I knew this was not true for two reasons:
1. Authorizations were appearing first. When charges are force-placed, there is no authorization granted.
2. If the card was deactivated, no further charges can be placed.

Well, came to find out at the end of last week that yes, indeed, the bank (Bancorp South) had misplaced our card number along with a few hundred others. These cards had been destined to be deactivated, but that never happened.

Listen to people, folks. Learn.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.