Monday, August 27, 2012

Solace

My mother passed away last week. My brother, sister, and I were at her house: gathering pictures for the funeral, doing some cleanup, and generally just talking and grieving.

At one point, we sat outside her back door, near a small decorative pond that my mom absolutely loved. When she bought the house, there were koi in the pond, but no more. Since, a bunch of small frogs have moved in.

I watched the dozens of tadpoles swimming around like so many minnows. The adult frogs would peek their heads up out of the water if you stood still long enough. These were the things my mom enjoyed.


Here is one of the frogs:


Here is another frog:



And here is the pond:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.