Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beware... when the moon is full...

I have noticed that among regular and irregular visitors to this blog, there are a couple of crazy people I know who have outbursts on or about the time of the full moon every month. I do believe this is the origin of the words "lunatic" and "lunacy."

Anyways, at the suggestion of my buddy, Right Minded, here is a plan: below is a picture of a silver bullet. Today is the Full Moon.



*Waits to see what reaction this gets, and what "fun" we have this month.*


Incidentally, August 2012 will see a "blue moon" - that is, there will be two full moons in the same calendar month. That only happens every other year or so; except the rare year that there are double blue moons (January and March) in the same year. 1999 was the most recent double blue moon, and 2019 is next. 


Note: I am aware that the term blue moon may also refer to the third full moon in a season that would have four full moons. As I was taught and grew up, it was always the second full moon in a calendar month.


Note 2: Once, as a child, I remember the blue moon actually being red. For some reason, in the summer, the second full moon in the calendar month came, and it happened to be red in color. My dad pointed that out to me at the time.

.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so nice and shiny I'd almost hate to shoot them.

    Right Minded

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.