Monday, July 16, 2012

Stupid HR People

This sent in by a reader who took my challenge to post stupid HR people stories. I have seen the documents, and this is legit. My reader worked for a major home improvement warehouse chain store.

In the initial training phase, the HR department and managers teach that the policy at this store is not to load merchandise for a customer unless the customer has a visible disability, or unless the customer claims a disability.

My reader is asked by a customer where the decorative stone for gardens are located. Reader takes customer to the correct aisle. Customer gives reader a funny sly look while saying: "I need five boxes." The look is as if to say 'load it up, boy!'

Reader points out the merchandise, then heads off to perform other tasks as issued by management.

An hour later, reader is in manager's office, explaining why he did not load the stone tiles into the customer's buggy. The manager and HR person write my reader up for failing to load up the customer's buggy. The customer never made mention of any disability to my reader, or to store management.


.

2 comments:

  1. I am tired of idiot HR people like this. I stumbled across the blog while googling something like "stupid HR". Here is another story but this time on a stupid job applicant: The job applicant applies for a field engineering job, knowing what the duties and responsibilities are yet knowing they don't want the job. They are probably one of 10 candidates from an applicant pool of 300 applicants who make it to the interview. They do the interview (successfully it seems) and claim they are not interested in the job at the end. Way to waste the recruiters time, idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, anon.

    Funny thing, I think some of the really stupid HR people NEED some people to do this to them a few times.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.