Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ideal Body Weight

I really never paid much attention to things like ideal body weight when I was much larger.

However, I recently ran across this site. Based on the calculations (which I'll show in a minute), I am about 10 pounds or so overweight right now. That's good news, as I had been nearly 90 pounds overweight at one point.

The calculations for men read:
The first 5 feet is equal to 106 lbs., and each inch beyond this height is given an extra 6 lbs., according to Medline Plus.
...
Subtract 10 percent of the ideal body weight in small frames and add an additional 10 percent of the ideal body weight in large frames.


I am somewhere between 6'2 and 6'3", depending on the chart used, and whether it is morning or evening. Based on that:

First five feet of height is 106 pounds.
15 inches of height times 6 pounds each: 90 pounds.
106 + 90 = 196 pounds (base weight)

Add 10% if wrist circumference is 7.5 inches or greater (mine is 7.75 inches) = 19.6 pounds.
196 + 19.6 = 215 pounds.

Lately, I have been hovering between 223 - 228 pounds. That's an average of about 10 pounds over.


Good news here. How do the numbers play for you?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.