Saturday, June 30, 2012

Glass Houses Throwing Stones

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

This clown thinks he can give career advice. Oh, and just in case the link ever expires, here is a screen shot:



Since it is public record, there is no law against publication.

Funny, this person wants to blast me for my career path... but lets look at some facts:
  • At the time of this screen caption, the subject was about forty years of age, give or take. Prior to turning 40, I had eclipsed an earned six-figure income, and will provide evidence to any legitimate inquiry. 
  • The last time I made less than $50,000 was 1998: which, incidentally, was the same year I graduated college. I turned 23 that year.
  • Yes, I got a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. The average income in Chemistry is $47K. 
  • Yes, I work in sales. I love every minute of it.
  • Yes, I got my start at Enterprise. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Each of these facts has made my life better. By the way, in my last year in car rental, I'd made over $30K in just the first half of the year alone. (Thru June 30) 
  • At the time this was written, the subject was on his third job in six years. 
  • At the time this was written, I have only held two primary full time jobs in the last six years - the previous one had laid me (and dozens others) off. 
  • Full disclosure - during the past ten plus years, I have taught martial arts in my spare time, and some might consider this a "third" job. However, my family does not depend on that job financially in the least.  
  • Going into car rental as a springboard to sales was certainly not a "punt" in any sense of the word. It was a springboard. I bettered myself and my family's future. 

So I ask you, kind readers, whom do you think has the "low-end" job (his terminology, not mine)?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.