Friday, May 25, 2012

It's not about Happiness

Recently, I was speaking with a good friend about a decision my family came to. He said to me: "you've got to do what will make you happy."

Although my friend's words were technically correct (in the sense of that is something I am obligated to do for my family), what I didn't realize at the time was that this was not at all the reason my family and I were making the decision we are making. We must make a decision that is in our best interest, yes - but this decision had nothing to do with happiness.

The decision is one about leadership. My friend and I actually disagree about this one, but the core principles are still there, so his advice to me is sound, and well regarded. The "leader" in question happens to share some traits with President Obama, which I am about to detail - for the sake of showing how we as voters must vote Obama out, and how it's not about happiness.

It's not about happiness: it's about ethics, morals, and survival. 

Disclaimer:
The man I am referencing (MIR) and Obama both are young when compared to most men who hold or have held their position. However, age is no measure of wisdom. I know folks under the age of 20 to whom I'd gladly trust my life and that of my family.

That said, age is directly connected to experience, as it takes time to obtain experience. Mr. Obama clearly didn't have enough experience for his job, and certainly had no leadership experience, either.

No, the disclaimer here is that Mr. Obama lacked leadership experience - primarily because he lacked leadership ability. The only way he could mask it was to run for the highest office possible without having held other leadership positions, so there would be little evidence of his shortcomings for the position. 

Ethics:
Mr. Obama's ethics are different than mine. I value honesty, integrity, and standing for what's right. Obama is dishonest, lacks integrity (look at his stance on gay marriage), and stands for nothing - often appealing that America is somehow to blame.Whishy-washy is not standing for something.

Morals:
I believe in right and wrong. I believe in truth and that there are also lies. I believe a man should say what he means and mean what he says. Mr. Obama might lay claim to these things, but his actions reveal the opposite.

Survival:
When a leader is in place who lacks ethics, morals, and leadership ability; that which is being led will fail. It becomes, therefore, incumbent upon subordinates to remove that leader from power. Fortunately, we have an election coming up - so Obama can be removed peaceably and legally.

Summary:
Obama lacks leadership ability, ethics, morals, and should be removed for those reasons.
Just so you know - Romney only lacks ethics and morals. Hence the reason I will not vote for him.

For the record, the man I referenced earlier (MIR), whom my friend and I discussed, demonstrated failure at each of the points listed above. However, as there was no election to remove him from his leadership position, I simply decided to move myself out from under his leadership. It has proven very liberating. And though happiness is not the reason for the change of scenery, it is a nice side-effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.