Friday, May 18, 2012

HR people are that stupid

A reader submitted this one to me. At first I thought "no way - nobody could be that stupid." But then, we are dealing with HR people. HR people are the only people on the planet with a "professional" job that can give auditors a run for their money on stupidity.

My reader was interviewing with a company for a work-from-home job. It was IT help desk work. The company has a client in VA that needs support. Hence the following dialogue:



HR Buffoon: "And what time zone are you in?"

Reader: "Central Time zone. Nashville, TN area."

HR Buffoon: "At this time, I must inform you that we will not be pursuing your candidacy further. We need someone in the Eastern time zone."

Reader: "It is an hour difference. You mean to tell me I cannot work for you because of time zone??? Tell me how that's different than simply asking me if I could work 9-6 instead of 8-5???"

HR Buffoon: "Thank you for your interest in our company."


In other words, this company trusts a person enough to let them work from home... but they do not trust this person to understand an hour offset. Wow!


Folks, the saddest part is that this HR person is likely breeding!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.