Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Say What???

From the same conversation as my previous blog post. I am watching divorce proceedings in the court the same day as my brother would appear.

-----

Note: Plaintiff had testified ad nauseum under direct examination from her attorney that her husband had been unfaithful. However, it came to be that the plaintiff had actually been the first to be unfaithful. The basis of the plaintiff's whole decision to get divorced seemed to hinge on her husband's infidelity.

Defendant's Counsel: "Plaintiff [female], did you have relations with Mary* in 2005?"

Plaintiff: "No. We made out, but we did not have sex."

Counsel: "Do you feel making out with another person is demonstrating faithfulness in the marriage?"

Plaintiff: "I don't... could you repeat the question?"

Counsel: "Do you feel that making out with a person other than your spouse is being faithful in your marriage?"

Plaintiff: "I'm not sure I understand the question."

Counsel: "It's a simple 'yes-or-no' question. Do you feel it is being faithful if you are making out with someone else while married?"

Plaintiff: "I feel you are trying to trick me."

Judge: "Plaintiff, it is a simple 'yes-or-no' question. I direct you to answer."

Plaintiff: (sheepishly) "No."

-----

* Name changed to protect the innocent... and the ignorant, too. 




*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.