Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Always a joker

This is a Pops-ism. Not so much what he said as what he did.

Setting: I am about 14 years old. It is supper time, and Pops tells me we need to go get my brother, who is at a friend's house. We hop in the car and head that way. Sure enough, as we approach, we see my brother and friend, riding bicycles, back to the friend's house.

They are riding the same direction as we are, so they do not see us coming. Big mistake.

Pops yanks on the parking brake handle:

SCCCRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCHHHHH!!!!!!

My brother and friend both bail off the bikes, into a nearby ditch - eyes wide as saucers. If I recall correctly, my brother elected to ride his bike home as opposed to riding in the car.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.