Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My new rifle

So, when I made the mistake of letting Mrs. Usagi try out my AR15 this past Memorial Day weekend, the end result was that I lost another rifle. She took possession of it, and customized it a little bit.

At that time, I decided to build one for myself. I am a fan of the M16A4, and figured this would be my chance. Here it is with an ACOG and with a carry handle:




The specs:
Bushmaster buttstock
Surplus Arms stripped lower.
Palmetto State Armory (PSA) lower parts kit.
Rock River Arms (RRA) National match trigger.
PSA upper, Bolt Carrier Group, and charging handle.
ER Shaw Stainless Steel heavy barrel - 1:8 twist
Trijicon TA31F Acog (used to be on Mrs. Usagi's rifle, but she liked the TA01 reticule better, so I bought her a TA01) - Both ACOG's have John 8:12 as the Bible verse.


What the rifle is capable of:
That was shot at 100 yards.
And yes, the quarter will cover the group entirely.

That group was shot using Privi-Partisan 75-grain match ammo. Interestingly, it has the same point-of-impact as 55-grain M193 ammo does out of the same rifle. M855 strikes one inch low. Neither the M193 nor the M855 will group as tight as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.