Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Presidential Politics - October 2011

As a follow up to my recommendations given previously, I'd like to elaborate just a bit on why I am in favor of certain presidential candidates, and not in favor of others.

I've detailed my three primary issues: 2nd Amendment, Abortion, Taxes.
Several candidates fit the bill on those topics.

So why did I go with Herman Cain, instead of going with the slightly more conservative Ron Paul (who is endorsed by my friend, Joe Kirkpatrick)?

Easy - it comes down to two main qualities: issues, and leadership.
Several candidates agree with my points on issues, but of them, only Herman Cain has real leadership ability and experience.

Last election, we got saddled with a president who held certain "issues" that America seemed to want (wow - what a lie that was!), but no leadership ability. Last thing we want to do is elect the 180 degree opposite. The position of President of the United States is one of leadership - so we would be wise to elect a proven leader to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.