Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Old Times' sake

This past week I reconnected with a good friend from high school. We had been best of friends, but had slowly drifted apart in college.

At one time, he had been my only confidant in the world. These days, I serve as a confidant to others far more often than I myself confide.

When I do confide in someone now, it is usually my wife. This time though, I was struggling with an issue she could not help on. Good to know my old friend was up to the task. Things are much better now due in no small part to his listening ear and good advice.

What's funny is my old friend and I share fewer things in common these days. Politically we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. But, we are still pals. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.