Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sad times in the Usagi household

Yesterday, my grandmother passed away. She was 93.

Saturday, I am a pallbearer in her funeral.

Sadly, we had to step outside the family for pallbearers, as many of my grandmother's sons-in-law are older, and not physically capable; and many of the younger ones who would be physically capable, are in jail. Yes, that's right, several cousins on my mom's side are in jail - mostly for drug and theft (to get money to pay for the drugs) related crimes. That part is just as sad.

Special thanks to my brother-in-law, MJ, for stepping up to help out, and to his brother, RJ, for the same.


Allow me a moment to reflect:
If you are the praying sort, your prayers are appreciated.

If you are not the praying sort - learn how. God loves you and would like to hear from you. And you never know when your time might be. Get things in order. Get your heart right with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.