Saturday, May 7, 2011

Standardized Tests

Recently, I got an email from a reader:

"Hey, Usagi,
You've mentioned you have done well on the Wonderlic Test. I'm impressed. Just curious: have you taken any other standardized tests? And how did you do?
- RecoveringRedHat"

Thanks for the question. To date, I have taken many, many standardized tests. Most were when I was in school. A few have been since then. Here is a summary of the most common ones:


Tennessee P&C License (2009) - 99%
Only 1 question missed (70% required for passing score)

Wonderlic (2006) - 46
I have scored a perfect 50, but the 46 was my first score.

MCAT (1998) - 41 composite
(45-point scale)

GRE (1998) - 760 (Verbal) / 780 (Quantitative) / 790 (Analytical)
(Each was on an 800-point scale)
This GRE was administered by my school - UTC, and was not a part of a national GRE exam. Still, the results were comparable to "actual" exams.

ACT (1991) - 26 composite
(36-point scale)
I was 15 when I took this ACT, and it was good enough for full academic scholarship; therefore, I did not take it again my junior nor my senior year.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.