Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A quick thought

I've noticed some folks on Facebook who were horrified by the news that OBL is dead. Others still were rejoicing. Some showed the bittersweet feeling of relief.

My Christian side prevents me from rejoicing at the death of an unbeliever. Also, some of the partying that was done (much like other countries do) was un-American in my view. I think their intentions were good, but that their actions were less than honorable.

Another matter of fact is that the world is better off without OBL's scum and tyranny - and I appreciate that fact very much. The way the folks in New York gathered together in a completely civil manner to reflect on their own dead and the sacrifices made by so many others, was a classy way to do it.

Some might ask how I justify one in the light of the other?

Simple -
First we must recognize the efforts of those who brought OBL to justice.

Second we must not give more time and attention to OBL - hence the reason I will not spell out his name. His time is over.

Third we must never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.