Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Game 4/25/2011

Well, last week we won two games by wide margin. This week, we didn't do as well.

First game the other team jumped all over us, up 21-5 at one point. We finally got things together, but just ran out of innings, losing 24-16.

Second game, we jumped out to an early 17-2 lead. That was the score going into the 4th inning (our games are sheduled for 7, or 1:15, whichever comes first), and time was waning. We allowed them to pull to 17-14.

In our half of the 5th inning (top half) our bats came alive again. I got a hit. Then I was thrown out at second on the next play as part of a double-play. Actually, the Shortstop dropped the ball, but I accidentally over-ran the bag, thinking I was out. The SS applied a tag, which I sidestepped nimbly. I got back to the bag without being tagged, only to hear the ump calling me out.

Mea culpa - I should never have given him the opportunity to blow the call. I should have stayed planted on 2nd.

That double play ended the inning. The bottom half of the inning saw us get two men out, but yield 4 runs, allowing them the come-from-behind win.

We are now 2-2. Last year we finished at .500. The year before, we were two games below .500 - but forfeited 6 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.