Friday, December 3, 2010

From the mouths of babes...

Last week, I was at a Wal Mart in Chattanooga. I needed some rice for the Thanksgiving gumbo I was going to cook on Thanksgiving. My wife was looking for other merchandise, and I had the kids.

When I found what I needed, I texted my wife to meet me in the sporting goods section. She happened to arrive at the same time I did. We both got to witness something cute.

My daughter, who just turned 3, looks at the gun case, and then sticks out a pouty lip - obviously saddened by something. I asked her what was wrong.

Her reply?

"There's no pink gun."

Immediately, the nice gentleman behind the counter started telling her that he could order a pink gun!

We politely declined, as we will not be getting her a gun for at least two more years.

The day of Thanksgiving, the same gentleman was behind the same counter. I was there getting ammo for the in-laws as we went shooting later that day. Another customer asked the man behind the counter if he could order a gun that was not in the case. The Wal Mart worker's response? "Well, I don't know..."

Guess this other customer was not a cute little 3-year-old girl wanting a pink gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.