Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Even more on working retail

I work at Target again tonight. Some more thoughts and observations on retail:

- Target seems to have more happy people than most retail establishments.

- A customer the other night, drove her motorized scooter to the front, left it, then got in line. While in line, she complained of having to push the scooter around the store, and back to the front. When asked by a separate customer why she pushed it, and didn't just leave it, I added: "is that the same scooter you just drove to the front?"
The customer responded "I did not drive it, I had to push it with my legs."
I replied "I saw you driving it." Two other customers said the same!
The one customer left without saying a word.

- If something ever happens such that I am no longer married, Target is a good place to go to find attractive females. Many more than one would find in a Wal Mart.

- Sometimes machines decide not to enter scanned merchandise. Folks get stuff free. Some people are honest - a lot more than I would have thought.

- Some clothes should not be manufactured in some sizes. But I already knew that!

- People call in "sick" to retail jobs a lot. A lot more than I'd have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.