Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Job Call-Out

This time, the Stupid Games Award goes to ServPro.

Case 1:
In March, just when I started my current position, I had an interview lined up with them on a Wednesday. The Friday prior, the HR associate (who was obviously new), sent another email. This one seemed as if she had forgotten entirely the first one which scheduled me for Wednesday, and now she wanted me to meet them on Monday.

I had a meeting on Monday, and would never have been able to make it. So I responded as such via email. Since it was now after hours (her email came at nearly 5:00 pm), she did not respond. So I left a voice mail message, too.

Monday came, I called her twice, but she did not respond... until after 12:00 pm, that is. She then sent an email and called my phone (during the meeting I'd advised her of!) and left a message asking if we had gotten "mixed up."

I called her back, and emailed, advising her that there had been no mix up. I had never confirmed Monday at 12 pm. I had, however, confirmed Wednesday at 11:30 am. She advised that time slot was no longer available.

I emailed her, her boss, and the Sales VP, and advised them all of what happened (attaching supporting evidence in the form of emails attached). I told them that had a candidate arbitrarily rescheduled an interview without confirming with them, the candidate would be rejected. Therefore, I rejected them at this time. I did advise them that I did not blame them, just the inexperienced HR Assistant.


Case 2:
Going through an external recruiter, I was deemed a potential fit a week ago with ServPro. Since it was an external recruiter, and since it was with a local branch (not the corporate office with whom I'd spoken before), I felt it woudl be wise to give them a second chance.

After all, they would never pull the interview date again would they?

Yep. You guessed it. I had an interview scheduled for Today at 9 am. I get a call from the recruiter yesterday at 10 am, asking where I was. The manager had changed the interview date and time, and had failed to advise either myself or the external recruiter.


Conclusion:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. And then expect me to call you out on my blog.

There might be people happily employed with ServPro, and there might be people with different experiences, but I cannot recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.