Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Classic Repo story with a funny ending

This did not happen to me. Instead, this was shared with me by a current co-worker who is also former Enterprise.

The renter rents a car and, not surprisingly, does not return the car. My coworker (MC for this post) goes through the motions. The renter just will not return the car. MC turns it over to the loss control department, and they go through the needed processes to report the car stolen.

Part of that process is sending certified mail, demanding the return of the vehicle. There is a 10-day waiting period after this before a rented car can be reported stolen.

This all happened at the end of this 10-day window.

MC is driving through downtown Nashville, when he spots the vehicle in question - a silver Nissan Maxima. In his rearview mirror, he sees the renter crossing the street and getting into the car.

A few deft driving moves puts him right behind the delinquent renter, and right in the way of flipped birds from angry drivers nearby!



MC uses his cell phone to call the renter.

"You need to return the car now," says MC.

"I'm in Memphis attending a funeral. I can't return it now." said the renter.

"No you aren't. You are in Nashville."

"I am in Memphis. What's wrong with you!" says the renter.

MC: "Ms. Renter, look in your rear-view mirror."

>>> MC waves to delinquent renter <<<

Delinquent renter pulls over. They happen to be out front of a major, famous hotel in downtown Nashville. MC assists the renter in extracting the 287 pounds of odd belongings the renter has stuffed into the car.

Renter: "What am I going to do with all my stuff?"

MC: "I don't care. It's your stuff!"

Bellhop (from Hotel): Man, this is messed up. You are humiliating her!

MC: "She owes me $4000. Now, if you want to pay that, I'll be glad to help put the things right back in the car."

Bellhop - walks away sheepishly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.