Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In Search of History, Part 4

Today I received this email from the CMP regarding my M1 Garand order:

We have received and verified your recent order. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30 to 60 days. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.


Your customer # is 22xxxx. Please use this customer # in any communications with us concerning the order as that is where all of your information is stored.

Thank you for your order and support of our program.

CMP Customer Service

 A quick search of online forums says that once folks get this letter, the average wait time is about 3-6 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Always wanted an M1. One of my favorites to shoot at the range when my uncle was still alive. Given that they are already manufactured and sitting in a warehouse somewhere, I wonder why there is such a long lead time to receive it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points, Grant.
    I suggest - since they are already manufactured and sitting in the same building, why is there such a long lead time?

    But I promise to be patient.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.