Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another call out

Back a few months ago, I had an interview with Ashley Home Furniture in the Rivergate area of Nashville.

I had answered a job posting for a "Regional Sales Manager" - one who would be in charge of multiple stores.

When I arrived at the interview, the Store Manager interviewed me for a floor-sales position. Nothing against that, but the pay they offered was about 1/3 of what I'd made the previous year. I walked out of the interview. I had a couple of friends and at least one family member make comments that I should have stayed and seen what came of it.

But this wasn't the first, nor the last company to advertise a job in a misleading manner. 


Today, I am speaking with a coworker, who ordered a bedroom set back in May from them. She moved into a new house in June. No furniture.

It is now September. No furniture.

So she is going to take remedial action on getting a refund, as it is obvious that they are unable to fulfill her order. Of course, she fears the 30% restocking penalty for canceling the order, but I suggested she dispute any such charges with her credit card.

This isn't the first time this company has been in this situation, either. Look at these reviews. Seems that a lot of people feel this company is dishonest with their customers, and their employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.