Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some people do not listen.

I have posted about this before, some people just don't listen.

Once, I had to explain to an interviewer three times that I was laid off because my whole department got the axe. She didn't listen to a word and thought I just wasn't making the grade. In reality (where she seemed to only visit occasionally), I was at 140% of quota for the year when the axe fell.

My brother relays a similar story:
He was interviewing for a job. The recruiter sees his address (which is a little far for some people), and says:
"I think you would be a fit, but I'm afraid the drive would be too much for you."

My brother responds:
"Well, I work across the street from the company now, so what would be the difference?"

TWICE more, my brother had to answer the same question.

Not surprisingly, he did not get an interview with the company at the time. The recruiter said he lived too far away.

A little later, he got an interview with them directly. When asked why he did not go through the recruiter, my brother explained to them the situation. Then they asked where he currently worked.

My brother pointed out the window, across the street, and said: "there!"

You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.