Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In search of History, Part 2

On July 26, I announced my intentions to purchase a piece of American History - the M1 Garand.

On the 27th of July, I updated that I had sent off for membership with the M1 Collector's Club.

Now, another update:

It has been more than 3 weeks since I sent the check. The check has not been cashed. Further, the M1 Collector's Club has not responded to requests for an update. Therefore, I must assume they have not received the check. While this is not their fault, I must secure another method for gaining membership to a CMP approved club.

Today, I have contacted the Tennessee Shooting Sports Association (TNSSA). They indicate a 1-week turnaround on membership. I hope that is the case. I'll be sending them a check this evening.

Membership? $15 for 1-year.

A card within a week means I can send off to the CMP by the end of the month. That means a Nov. 1 arrival date - give or take a few weeks.

I might be able to shoot my own M1 by Thanksgiving! That would be just over a year since the first time I shot one!

---

Post edit - 8/27/2010
10 Days later - nothing. Neither check has been cashed.

---

Post edit 2 - 8/30/2010
I posted on ar15.com and other places. Seems this is happening right now with the M1 collector's club. They have an automated email response some folks have received, stating due to illness, they are 4000 applications behind.
Those applications recently filled were sent off back in early July.

Today, I sent an email to TNSSA and asked if there had been a hold up. There had been - the membership director had been out for a few weeks. Reasonable excuse.
He stated he was sending the card today. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.