Friday, August 6, 2010

Gubernatorial Race, Round 2

With Haslam's nomination yesterday, I am not completely feeling great about Tennessee's next governor.

I am likely going to vote 3rd party. I've discussed this with Right Minded (now retired from blogging). We agree on the pros and cons of voting 3rd party.

However, I'll stay optimistic, and hope beyond hope that we can have a "Jesse Ventura" type situation here. So I've researched all of the 3rd party candidates. Some looked OK. Some looked good. Some were good ideas with bad packaging. Some were not what we need at all.

So I sent this letter to several candidates and await their response. I've offered to publish their responses as free advertising to the readers of the Usagi blog.

Here was my request:
Mr. xxx. I am a lifelong Tennessean. In the primary, I voted for Ron Ramsey. I had originally aspired to vote for Joe Kirkpatrick prior to his withdrawal from the race. With the nomination of Mr. Haslam, I am searching for a good conservative candidate for whom to vote in the general election. Please visit my blog: usagidojo.blogspot.com - I'd like to ask some questions and blog about your responses!
1. You mention your support for the 2nd Amendment. Do you own a gun? If so, what is your favorite gun? Why?
2. Describe your plans for a potential state income tax. Also, the state sales tax.
3. There seem to be a couple of constitutionally sound independents on the ticket. Why vote for you?

Again, I'd like to get answers from the heart. With your permission, I will post them on my blog as free advertising for your time.
Thank you.
"Usagi"
[contact information]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.