Thursday, August 12, 2010

Even more thoughts on the Governor's race

I've had a reader email and ask my responses to the questions I posed to the Gubernatorial candidates. OK, here goes:

1. You mention your support for the 2nd Amendment. Do you own a gun? If so, what is your favorite gun? Why?
I own multiple firearms. All were acquired legally (gift or legal purchase). None are registered as Tennessee does not require the registration of firearms.
As I've mentioned on this blog, I also have a TN Handgun Carry Permit, and I use it.
My favorite is my Marlin 60. It is my favorite because it is exactly like the rifle I learned to shoot on. It fires accurately and reliably, and is inexpensive to shoot. My wife liked it so much she commandeered it.

2. Describe your plans for a potential state income tax. Also, the state sales tax.
I could never endorse a state income tax. All the states that have income taxes are broke. That should tell you something. I would propose lowering the sales tax - because that would boost tax revenues as well as the state economy.

3. There seem to be a couple of constitutionally sound independents on the ticket. Why vote for you?
I am not running. I have no plans to run.
However, if I ever did run, my talking points would be:
- Honesty
- Integrity
- Common Sense
- For the rights of the people.
- Free guns for people? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.