Friday, July 2, 2010

Fear is the path to the Dark Side...

Several times in the last few weeks, I've butted heads with some folks I know over differences of opinion. This of course, is nothing new. But I was reflecting this morning on it and I realized there was a common pattern to each of these differences.

Many people live their lives in fear. They may fear one or two things, or many. Generally, when people fear something, it is because they don't know much about it. In these instances, that was true in every case.

Understand, fear is a perfectly normal emotion. It is necessary for survival. However, just like with anything else, to allow oneself to make all decisions based on fear is a mistake.

A wise 'man' once said that fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... and hate leads to suffering. Wow, what a statement. It is so very true. Every person I've dealt with recently that lives their life through fear also happen to be very angry about some things... even to the point of bitterness (hate) in some instances. Each of these people suffers because of it.

I do not live my life in fear. Not because I carry a gun (though that certainly does help!), but because of personal choice. Most people fear things because they do not understand them. I try to stay well-informed of potential threats, and take reasonable precautions.

Mrs. Usagi wisely points out that one should deal with the things they can have an affect on, and not worry about the things one cannot change.

This is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.