Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fascinating Ruling

The FCC's indecency policy has been overturned by a federal court as being unconstitutionally vague.

While I am all for people being decent - both in appearance, and in verbage - we do live in a society where the Constitution limits the government's authority. We do have a First Amendment, and I feel the court ruled correctly.

If I want to censor certain images or speech such that I am not exposed to them, or that my family is not exposed to them, then that is my right. However, it is not my right, or the Government's right, to limit what another person says.

Just like it is not my right, or the Government's right, to limit the keeping or bearing of arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.