Friday, June 18, 2010

A wierd one from the files

Those who have been following this blog know that a few months ago, I was laid off. There were a few months that passed until I secured my current position. During this time, I went on multiple interviews with many companies.

One interview that struck me as wierd was for an outside sales position. One part of the application and screening interview stood out as being odd. The application asked:

"We recognize our employee's Second Amendment rights. We also recognize that many individuals who are in outside roles also carry firearms concealed in full compliance of the law, with a permit or otherwise. While we do not discourage this practice, we do require employees who carry concealed to provide the company with photographic evidence of the permit, just in case the need ever arises to prove legal carry to law enforcement."

I was not about to give them that access. I skipped over that part of the application - essentially this told them that I do not carry. I continued with the interview. Not surprisingly, there were more red flags.

In the end, I never called them back to schedule a second interview, despite their repeated efforts to lure me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.