Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why is it?

I respect people's rights to live as they wish.
I also realize that I myself have some unusual hobbies and interests.

Nonetheless, I am fascinated by the behavior of some individuals.

Some people, and we all have friends like this, go out of their way to be unusual. Even at the expense of additional cost, social stigma, or even complete lifestyle change.
My hat is off to those who simply live as they believe. However, most of the people I'm talking about live differently not necessarily because they believe it (though they often do), but for some other reason.

- Most seek the additional attention.
- Some have never tried things any otherway.
- Many live in fear of something they read somewhere, so they change their lifestyle.
- A few use their unusal lifestyle or interest as a way of feeling superior to others.

Whatever the reason, folks who intentionally do things "outside the norm" for one of the reasons listed above are not really that appealing to me as friends. I just don't prefer that kind of drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.