Monday, June 28, 2010

Best for Last?

My church has two softball teams. I play for one of them. Our regular season is complete and tonight is the tournament - rounds 1 & 2, at least.

I usually play catcher (because nobody else wants to).
I usually bat last in the order (because nobody else wants to).

This year I've made 6 put-outs... most in the league by a catcher. And that's having played catcher in only 10 of 20 games . Our team having forfeited 4 games, and had another two games won via forfeit. Add to that the fact that I played right field in three games and was unable to play another game.

Also, my batting average entering the tournament is .719 - I had a goal for this year of .700. Last year I hit over .600 and the year before I struggled to get to over .300. Two years ago was my first year back on the field in ten years. Rusty does not begin to describe where I was.

So there are the totals. I'll report back after the game... either tonight or tomorrow.
Tonight, we play in the first round the other team from our own church... whom we eliminated from the tournament last year in the same match-up enroute to our 2nd place overall finish.


Post Edit:
Rained out. Games rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Post Edit 2:
We played Tuesday, July 6. I was 2/3 at the plate. Our team held a four run lead going into the bottom of the last inning. We had led since the second pitch of the game.
The other team scored 5 runs in that inning to win the game.
Oh, well... better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.