Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pretty Cool Stuff

This week, a friend from my Sunday School class was kind enough to go to lunch with me. His place of employment is close to where I now work.

He is the kind of guy that does not say a lot in SS class. I have noted before with other classmates that he is probably the wisest one in the group - because when he speaks, it is noteworthy and poignant. He is just no chatterbox.

Since I am in sales, and must speak for a living, I was figuring I'd be talking a lot at lunch. Not so. My friend was more talkative than I've ever seen - and not in a nervous way. I take that to mean he feels comfortable speaking openly with me. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

Our Sunday School class is best described as an eclectic group. I like it that way. I really care about all of the folks in the class. None of them is perfect, and I don't want them to be. I feel really honored when Right Minded asks me to sub for him when he cannot teach, but I also feel totally inadequate in that role... and I miss the insights gained form listening to the lesson as Right Minded lays it out.

Tomorrow I hope for another great lesson and maybe that sparkling nugget of information from my hopefully-soon-to-be-lunch-buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.