Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another something I find funny

I've been in a humorous mood today. Here's another one I remembered and decided to put on the blog for your reading entertainment. This has to do with the use of blinkers on cars. My friends from the North call them "directionals."

Normally, one would use blinkers to signal an intended turn.

Not in West Tennessee. Not always. The drivers there have other uses for them. For example, if a car in front of them is turning, they will turn their blinkers on, too - even if they have no intention in the world of turning.

I guess it's some weird method of being courteous? Alerting drivers behind you that someone in front wishes to turn and that's why we are all slowing down?

I challenge Right Minded to offer his $0.02 on this, as he is from the West Tennessee area. My dad, Pops, is from West TN, too. I have spent considerable time there... even lived there for three years.

I don't get why they do it - but it's funny! (and illegal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.