Sunday, April 4, 2010

Funny at the store today

So I am at Wal-Mart with my brother today, picking up some sundry needed items.

On a side note, this was the first time in the last two months that this particular Wal-Mart did not have any of my preferred brand of .22 cartridges available.

We (my brother and I) are walking toward the refrigerated goods section, as I need milk. As we approach, a seemingly nice lady turns toward us and asks in a loud voice if we knew where the beer was in the store.

I give her my blank look, as I do not drink, and have never purchased beer there. I hold out my hands and explain: "I simply don't know... I'm sorry."

My brother's face matches mine. He lives on the other side of town and was just there with me.

She walks on, in a huff. Then something dawns on me and my brother at the exact same time.

There - to the immediate left of where the other shopper had been standing - was a very large stack of Miller Lite beer. We walked around to the other side of the display, and it was the refrigerated beer.

She had literally been two steps away.

I cannot figure out which is funnier - the fact she didn't see it, or the fact we did not see it until after she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.