Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Foolishness!

President Obama announced today that the US would not use nuclear weapons in combat, with a very few exceptions. This is foolish on many levels, but two particular reasons stand out to me:

1. Why should we limit ourselves in any potential conflict?

2. Why would one ever announce one's battle strategy to the enemy?


That would be like me putting a large sign in my front yard saying:
"Attention burglars! I promise if you rob my house, I will not shoot you. I might spray you with mace. I might use a baseball bat. I might even call the police. But I will not shoot you."
Even though I live in a good neighborhood, I bet I'd be robbed by week's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.