Friday, February 12, 2010

Wheelin' & Dealin'

My father, "Pops," is one of the shrewdest negotiators I know. Recently, he came across a man who wanted to get rid of a Ruger Mark III pistol.

The gentleman had disassembled the pistol and could not get it back together again. In the process of attempting reassembly, he had been a little rough with it and had scratched the pistol in several places.

He wanted a low sum of money for the pistol as it no longer functioned.

Pops bought it for $10.

This evening, with a little patience, in about 10 minutes, I reassembled the pistol. I have function-checked it and it seems the little shooter will be accompanying me really soon to the range!

For those who do not know, the Ruger Mark III is one of the more difficult firearms to reassemble. Experienced owners try to avoid disassembly and clean it in other ways for just this reason. Pops, however, knew he had an "ace in the hole" with this one as I had disassembled and reassembled his Mark III just a few months ago.

No, I do not feel the gentleman got taken, Pops said he was happy to get the $10 for his "broken" gun.

I am happy to have a new range toy.

Pops is happy with the deal of the year, so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.