Monday, January 11, 2010

Narrowing the Field, Part IV

Right Minded posted a great article yesterday about the questions asked by the Commercial Appeal of the Tennessee Gubernatorial candidates with regards to the 2nd Amendment.

This article is the basis of the pdf file I mentioned in "Narrowing the Field III." The pdf file has four questions. The article in the Commercial Appeal had those four plus five more to make nine questions.

Following up my comments from Narrowing the Field III, I stated that of the four questions in the pdf file, Gibbons answers mirrored the Democrats all four times. Not surprisingly, Gibbons' responses mirrored the Democrats' responses in all nine questions.

Add to Haslam's inconsistencies the fact that his answer to HCP holders being allowed to carry on campus was unacceptable. In all fairness, his answers to the other questions sound good. I fear he may be a wolf in sheep's clothing, based on his other voting records and statements on the subject, though.

Ramsey remains my favorite of the four.

Wamp was as solid as one could hope for... especially considering he has spent the last 16 years in Washington.

I'd love to see Joe Kirkpatrick's take on these issues!

1 comment:

  1. Joe Kirkpatrick's answers to the gun-control crisis facing TN.

    1. I support it although I consider it unnecessary and so long as it expresses the qualification I mentioned about private property rights of the establishment owner.

    2. One cannot opt-out of the 2nd amendment. So, I oppose the former.

    3. I believe carry permits are unconstitutional, a violation of privacy, and an illegal tax.

    4. Yes, I also believe the 11th Amendment, which was upheld most recently, denies the US Government the recourse to prevent "nullification" of ANY extra-Constitutional federal mandate. We just have to be willing as a state to refuse any funding contract that waives the larger right.

    5. I adamantly support sealing any records which were already illegally obtained. In fact, I would call for the destruction of any such databases.

    6. State universities must by law allow them; private universities have the choice to allow or forbid them.

    7. Renting or leasing accords the rights of private property to the tenant, any landlord who wishes otherwise must plainly so state that any such tenant must waive those rights in order to enter into a contract.

    8. No, crime is crime, a pencil qualifies as a deadly weapon if you shove it into someone's eye socket, does it not?

    9. I would repeal them all, quite frankly and refer to the US Constitution.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.