Monday, December 28, 2009

Funny things the past 28 hours.

Starting yesterday at 3:00 pm, I went to Milwaukee, WI for a job interview. Naturally, this involved plane travel. This is where the fun begins.

I have flown Delta before, and was forced to again this time - as no other carriers had seats left for this trip when I booked the flight.

There were no direct flights form Nashville to Milwaukee or back, so there were a total of four planes involved. A few funny observations:

- Delta LOVES to make their passengers disembark onto the tarmac. Four planes, three times on the Tarmac yesterday and today. I have flown several other carriers, and NONE of them ever have made passengers step foot outside. Seems like this might pose a security risk, too.

- Female passengers enjoy falling asleep and resting their heads on me. Mrs. Usagi does not like it when others do this, but she likes to do the same. Four planes, two nappers rest on my arm. I've had this happen a half-dozen times in the last few years. Every one of them was VERY embarrassed when they woke up. Funny! Thankfully, I've never had a guy do that.

- There are some strange people in airports.

- I did not have access to my sidearm from Sunday at 3 pm to Monday at 9 pm. That's the longest I've gone without touching a gun in... well... years.

- People are now bringing small dogs with them on airline flights. Every one of the four planes I was on had at least one. The final plane back to Nashville had four. You know the kind - the little ankle-biters similar to the one Paris Hilton has. I've flown multiple times, but never seen this prior to today.

- I saw the Great Lakes for the first time ever from the window of the plane. Really neat!

- Airport food is the same as most other food. Just costs 40% more.

- Airports are really serious about their rules.

- Airplane seats are small. My butt is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.