Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another wording

In a recent post, I mentioned that I will not be calling my AR-15 a "semi-automatic assault rifle" as the media has done. This will not be done for several reasons, as I have pointed out... not the least of which is the fact that a semi-automatic cannot be an assault rifle by definition.

Instead, I have chosen to use the terminology "Multi-purpose rifle."

Recently, however, I found another term popping up in different places, in reference to AR-15's in particular. The term is "Homeland Defense Rifle."

Some places I found the term:
A forum post.
Another forum - one of my favorites!
Yet another forum.
And a patch has been made - from AR15.com, of course!

So beware - I might use the term. It might get to the point of being almost interchangeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.