Saturday, October 17, 2009

Disappointing find...

A letter I wrote today to the management and ownership of Regal Cinemas - owner of Providence 14 cinema:

"Today I was very disappointed to discover that there is a "no firearms allowed" sign at the Providence 14 cinema. As a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit holder, I have had a background check with the FBI, passed a training class examination, demonstrated competence in front of a certified firearms instructor, been fingerprinted by the state, and have invested over $1000 total in so doing for the specific reason to be able to protect my life and my family. Now your establishment puts up a sign that will not keep out criminals - only disarm the law abiding. Such action is not only objectionable, but is anti-2nd Amendment. I must ask since your company obviously disregards our rights under the Second Amendment, which rights will you disregard next? If your company is unwilling to remove such signage, I have no option but to refrain from patronage of your company and suggest to all my family and friends to do same. Please do the right thing - think, educate yourself on this subject, and remove the signage as it accomplishes nothing positive for your company. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.