Saturday, September 26, 2009

Like father, like son

My son, Cael, today competed in his first ever TaeKwondo tournament.

As his father, I'd be proud if he simply did his best - which is exactly what he did.

His best today landed him a 1st Place for Forms (under 5 division), 1st Place sparring (under 5 division).

He was so dominant in the under 5 division, that with my permission, along with our coach (assistant instructor from his TaeKwondo school), and the head referee all agreed to give the 1st place trophy to another little boy in that division and allow Cael to compete with the next age-group (ages 5 & 6).

He placed 6th out of 8 contestants, losing only to the 3rd place winner - a girl who was two years older than him.

Two of his classmates earned a 1st place in forms and a 2nd place in forms in their respective divisions. My son was as happy for them as he was for himself.


Dang! I only got two 4th place trophies in my first karate tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.