Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 Remembered

I remember where I was. Do you?

I had just started a new job, and was actually staying in a hotel across the street from the office in Nashville. My wife was still in Memphis, as we had not moved yet.

I drove across the street, my car radio was playing "John Boy & Billy show" (Yes, my tastes have improved in 8 years). The cast of the show was unusually somber. They broke the news to me and I'm sure many others.

The boss tried to make us focus on work, but so many were not in a mood to focus. We all felt the weight of the situation.

My wife was scared that weekend when we moved our things to Nashville. After a brief unpacking, she wanted me to do something to make her feel safer. I grabbed several of my rifles and showed her how to operate each of them. She felt inherently safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.