Monday, August 17, 2009

Not afraid.

Another dealing with the public. This one was not funny as much as I did not expect the reaction I got.

I was in Blockbuster, renting a movie. When it came time to pay for the movies, the young lady behind the counter asked for my ID, to verify the account. I opened my wallet and flipped out the part that has my drivers license. However, what I did not know was that the most recent time I'd used my drivers license, I had put it back, under my handgun carry permit (which is also acceptable ID in Tennessee).

I realized this as I saw the ID. I braced for the worst.

"Oh," came the reply. "You are one of those people that makes me feel safe!"

I'm sure the look on my face was priceless as that was the LAST thing I expected to hear. We ended up talking guns for the better part of a half hour (there were no other patrons in the store at that time, save my son). Turns out the young lady was about to turn 21 at the time and fully intended to get her permit when she was of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.