Monday, August 24, 2009

Modern Discrimination

I think all level-headed people agree that in most places, racial discrimination is nearly extinct. In a few places, it is on its last leg. So is gender-based discrimination as well as discrimination based on sexual orientation.

But there is one more area we as a society need work, according to this article. We, as a country, tend to discriminate based on obesity.

Normally I do not agree with things written or aired on MSNBC. They get a bunch of stuff wrong. But, just like a broken clock (which has the right time twice a day!), MSNBC can get things right, too.

I really would like to see your comments on this topic. I know, as a fat man, I have been discriminated against based on my size. Unlike some other groups, I never let that get me down or become a focal point. Instead, I simply found work elsewhere or otherwise made things go the way I wanted them to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.