Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hilarity!

As always, I look to inform - to teach if you will. One of the reasons I created this blog was in response to several family members and friends who wanted to keep up on things pertaining to the 2nd amendment, without having to dig for the information themselves.

I like guns (in case you couldn't tell!) and I keep up with these things for my own personal gratification. I read websites such as ar15.com and glocktalk.com. I read blogs about self defense use of firearms, as well as numerous other types of input. I try to learn something every day.

Some time ago, I learned why the term "libtard" was created.

To be precise, I learned how little these liberals actually learn about laws they wish to enact. Let me explain: Carolyn McCarthy decided she wanted to sponsor a bill some time ago that would, among other things, ban certain weapons and certain features on weapons. Problem was, she had no clue what those features were.

My favorite quote from this clip:
"It's the shoulder thing that goes up."
(When asked what a barrel shroud is).

Folks, a barrel shroud is another term, (infrequently used) for a forward hand-hold or grip. It is the front part of the stock you hold with the non-firing hand. It is that piece of wood, metal, polymer that protects your hand from the barrel as it heats up with each shot fired.

Obviously, Ms. McCarthy has no idea what it is, but she wants it banned, by golly!


In other news... oh, well, I could not find a single instance of a person being killed by a barrel shroud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.